Saturday, February 27, 2010

Two Polls

1. What are the best bargains out there for good beer?

2. What is your favorite "session" beer (let's say less than 5% abv)?

In terms of good beer buys, I think Sierra Nevada is pretty reasonable across its whole line, and the Pale Ale is available virtually everywhere. The Celebration Ale is amazing in the winter, and even the Bigfoot is pretty reasonable for the style at $11-12 for a sixer. I've also seen Two Hearted and Rogue's Mocha Porter, along with the year-round 3Floyds lines, at the grocery store for $8.99, and I feel like Kroger might be losing money on those sales. What other names should a budget-conscious beer lover be looking out for?

I'd also like to enjoy something tasty without stumbling off my barstool when I'm ready to leave. I've found Stone's Levitation (4.4%) and 3Floyds Gumballhead (4.8%) are both pretty solid non-"big" beers. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Dale's Pale Ale is usually $8 for a 6-pack, and is a very hoppy and absolutely delicious APA. Never, ever be afraid to try canned beer, especially since so many brewery's are stepping up to the plate--canned beer is cheaper to ship and stays fresh significantly longer than bottled.

    ReplyDelete